GB Hockey Player
- Peanut butter and banana on toast or sushi.
- Pitch Perfect
- I love throw back Thursday playlists on Spotify or the Radio
- The Secret Footballer
Dream Holiday Destination
- Caribbean Islands
Who are the most important people in your life?
- My gran, my family, my best friend and my boyfriend.
Favourite TV Show
- Made in Chelsea, First Dates or The Secret Life of a 4 year old series.
When you aren’t training, what are you doing?
- Sleeping! Eating!
Any other hobbies
- Cooking, making healthy snacks, reading sports books
Have you always been into fitness?
Yes. At school I used to do all sorts of sports. Im so glad I did as its definitely helped me get where I am today. I used to swim, play tennis, football, netball – the lot.
How did you get involved with Hockey?
Aged 6, I had far too much energy so my mum took me and my older sister down to Newark Hockey Club one Sunday morning to try and tire us out. It worked and carried on going every Sunday for the next 7 years until I moved clubs to Beeston in Nottingham.
Best athletic achievement so far?
Olympic Gold Medal.
What are your ambitions for the rest of 2016 and beyond?
Rest, rest and more rest. Its been a challenging few years leading up to the Olympics so its important to rest and recharge the batteries.
Who are your sporting / non sporting role models?
I don’t really have a sporting role model but all the members of the GB Hockey team inspire me in different ways. Non sporting is my Gran. I love her to bits, she’s so positive, full of life, honest and gives such good words of wisdom.
Tell us something that most people don’t know about you?
I nearly quit playing hockey aged 14 as I wanted to pursue a career in football. Thank god I didn’t….
Can you describe the feeling when you won a big match and/or made a great improvement/achievement in your sport?
I can’t remember what I felt when we won the Olympic gold. All I remember is a lot of tears, screaming, hugging and jumping around. The moment we were waiting to stand on the podium will stay with me forever. I had goosebumps all over and felt immense pride that I had achieved a gold medal with all my amazing team mates.
What are you top three sport nutrition tips?
- Get enough sleep in. I try get 9 hours a night and like to nap in the day too.
- Enjoy things in moderation. I don’t cut anything completely out my diet. Like anyone else I eat chocolate, pizza, crisps but just in moderation.
- Eat a variety of meals. I love the lean in 15 books and don’t get bored with his recipes at all. Full of flavour, vegetables and healthy nutrients.
What are your top three training tips?
- Give it all. Leave nothing out there. The harder training is, the easier competition will be.
- Expect highs and expect lows. Just ride it out and stay focused on the bigger picture.
- Set training goals or targets. Even better, review training sessions. This helps keep my mind on the bigger picture.
Why do you use Beet It and how has it helped you?
I use it before matches and hard training sessions. It makes me feel better. The better I feel the better I play.
How important to you is it that it is natural?
Very. It’s informed sport tested too which gives me 100% confidence in the product against contamination or banned substances.