Rowing coach and Bodybuilder
- Curly Wurly
- Impossible choice but Men in Black never gets old
- Anything off of Progressive Astronauts YouTube channel
- The QI Book of General Ignorance
Dream holiday desitnation
- Somewhere with White sand, turquoise water, and a few free weights on the side.
Who are the most important people in your life?
- Family and friends and anyone who will volunteer to spot me in the gym
Favourite TV show
- More of a Youtube guy, but I'll never pass down an old episode of Top Gear
When you aren't training, what are you doing?
- My full time job as a coach for Alton Rowing Club
Any other hobbies?
- Cruising with the top down in my Triumph Spitfire
Have you always been into fitness?
Yes, used to swim for university team at Staffordshire University and Row for university team at Sheffield Hallam.
How did you get involved with Bodybuilding?
Always been interested in bodybuilding since I was a child, and couldn’t wait to join a gym when I was 16, although I didn’t have any idea what I was I doing!
Best Bodybuilding/fitness or sport related achievement so far?
Competing at the Kent Klassic 2015 (Junior category)
What are your ambitions for 2016 and beyond?
To compete again at the Kent Klassic and place.
Who are your sporting & non sporting role models and why?
I’ve always been independent and liked to do my own thing, I honestly have never really looked up to anyone. There’s people I admire but never aspire to be like them. I just try to be a bit better than I was yesterday.
What are your top three sport nutrition tips?
- Sugar is not the enemy.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- You should drink more water than you think.
What are your top three training tips?
- Get yourself a program.
- Stay consistent.
- Go to failure.
Why do you use Beet It and how has it helped you?
One of the beneficial effects of beetroot juice is its ability to lower blood pressure, both through the effects of lowering the energy cost of exercise and also because it acts as a smooth muscle relaxant, which means it is a vasodilator. My theory based on the research out there is that if more blood can reach my muscles, it will both increase my vascularity, and possibly increase the size of the pump I can achieve.
How important to you is it that it is natural?
I would always choose a natural product over a processed one if possible.
Have you tried the full range and if so which product do you use the most and why?
I have only used the beet-it sport pro-elite shots, as these deliver the adequate amount of nitrate for performance benefits as found in research.