Para GB Swimmer
- All food – I think I could become an eating champion!
- Probably 101 Dalmatians, I was obsessed by it when I was young & still can’t resist watching it if it comes on telly
- I like most pop music
- I have never read a book
Dream Holiday Destination
- I would love to go to Dubai, I went on a training camp once but didn’t get to sight see. It would be amazing to go back & have a proper look around.
Who are the most important people in your life?
- My family, my mum does so much for me & then it’s my dogs they always have a cuddle for me when things don’t go quite to plan. Favourite TV show – I love Man Vs Food....I would love his job & I also enjoy watching The Walking Dead
When you aren’t training, what are you doing?
- Usually sleeping or eating haha!!
Any other hobbies?
- I like cake baking, nail decorating & snuggling with my dogs.
Have you always been into fitness?
I was hyperactive as a young child so my mum got me into sport to use up my energy levels
I always loved water & it burns up loads of energy
Best swimming achievement so far?
Too many to choose but here’s a few Paralympic Gold Medal at London 2012
Finalist in the BBC young sports personality of the year 2012
World Champion in World record time 2013
MBE in 2013
European Multi medallist 2014
World Short Course Records 2014
World 200m Butterfly Long Course Record 2015
What are you ambitions for 2015 and beyond?
I would love to qualify for the World Championships later this year but my main goal is to make the Team for Rio in 2016
Who are your sporting / non sporting role models?
Michael Phelps, he is just incredible
Mary Berry, at her age she’s still baking, is very funny & looks amazing plus her recipes are awesome
Tell us something that most people don’t know about you?
I was the very first person to break a British Record in the newly opened Aquatic centre in London during the Olympic/Paralympic Trails in March 2012
Can you describe the feeling when you received your gold medals?
Its really hard to describe, I am so happy, very proud when representing GB, sometimes surprised but also exhausted as I will of just raced my butt off to earn it!
What are you top three sport nutrition tips?
- Eat plenty of protein
- You can never have too much fruit & veg
- Allow yourself a treat now & again
What are your top three training tips?
- Be 100% committed – the only person you cheat is yourself
- Listen to you coach – they want you to do well
3. Make sure you recover – it’s so important
Why do you use Beet It and how has it helped you?
I have been using beet it to aid my recovery which enables me to train better the next day & recover from heats leading into finals.
How important to you is it that it is all natural?
It’s very important to me to keep my diet as natural as possible, not only is it more healthy but there are so many banned substances in sport it is just not worth taking any risks.